One of our client's is urgently looking for a talented Medical science liaison oncology, to support its global Phase 2 registration trial.
They are looking for someone based in the field who combines a knowledge of oncology, next generation sequencing, and clinical trials experience.
The ideal candidate will have a marketing and science combined background and will be fluent in German and English with knowledge of Dutch being a plus.
This role is open for employees as well as freelancers.
- You will develop excellent working relationships at the trial sites within his or her territory (10 in Germany and 2 in The Netherlands), with the pathology lab, the trial coordinators and others on the clinical trial site teams
- You will work with oncologists to get them excited about testing patients for the trial, and with pathologists to get them to perform testing
- You help to encourage, train, and trouble-shoot local IHC (immunohistochemistry) and NGS (next gen sequencing) patient testing approaches
- You work with our client's Client Services to resolve any issues with sample handing and tissue logistics
- Fluency in German, Dutch is a plus, great verbal and email communication skills in English
- Understanding of oncology and pathology
- PhD or Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Nursing, Business, Marketing, or similar field. Strong experience in oncology could be a substitute for an advanced degree in individual cases, if it provides a greater understanding of molecular next generation testing or oncology
- Great presentation and communication skills, especially with oncologists and pathologists
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are prerequisites, as are product knowledge and a high degree of technical competency
- Relishes problem-solving and is detail oriented
- Enjoys building relationships with new people
- Sales skills – ability to persuade oncologists and pathologists
- Clinical trials or other hospital or medical center experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the oncology therapeutic area
- Familiarity with diagnostic lab platforms (e.g. IHC, FISH, NGS)
- Understanding of next-generation sequencing technologies and market
020 757 06 25